Skilled Nursing Care Unit
Whether it’s a stroke, a heart attack, major surgery or another impairment, inpatient rehabilitation might be part of your recovery process. If so, know that Red Bud Regional Hospital‘s short and long-term rehab services are here to support you in getting back on your feet and back to enjoying life.
The team will identify if short-term rehab in the Hospital Swing Bed Program or long-term rehab at Red Bud Regional Care (physically connected to RBRH) is appropriate for your needs. You even have the option of transferring toRBRH if you begin your journey at another facility.
Both programs are physically located on the Hospital campus and the facilities are conveniently connected to the Hospital.
A Team-Oriented Staff
A dedicated team of qualified licensed nursing staff, certified nursing assistants, rehabilitation therapists, case manager and registered dietitian work together to design a personalized treatment plan for each patient. The patient’s specialist can still remain involved in the care, with onsite consultations or office visits.
The rehabilitation team offers physical, speech and occupational therapy. Patients can feel at ease knowing the therapy team is highly qualified and provides one-on-one attention that will help the patient move forward towards recovery.
The comprehensive team provides the following services:
- Ability to transition from any acute care hospital to our program
- Hospital, rehabilitation and senior living environment
- 24 hour registered nurse on duty
- Physical, Speech or Occupational Therapy
- Respiratory therapy
- Post joint replacement rehab
- IV Fluids and IV medication administration
- Onsite laboratory and x-ray
- Skin and wound care, including negative wound therapy
- Nutritious meals with on-site dietician
- Daily recreational activities
- Barber/beauty shop services
- Discharge Planning
We accept many types of insurance plans, including Medicare, Medicaid, Hospice private pay and insurance. Social services staff can assist families interested in additional community resources and financial aid for medical care.